KB Labs seeks to find new ways to combine the library’s digital cultural heritage collections and research, with the latest methods within machine learning. The lab is an initiative taken by the IT department at the Royal Danish Library.
Here you will find different applications made by the Royal Danish Library to visualize, engage or showcase the different materials or collections that we have available, to inspire and deepen the knowledge of what collections we actually have, and hopefully expand the use of these.
At the moment, applications and builds found here are considered experimental projects, and as such, can change or even be taken down without warning. This includes the data being presented by the applications.
Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions or wish to know more about a given project.
Friends and family
- KB developer blog. The developer blog at the Royal Danish Library.
- KB Lab, Netherland. The labs site for the National Library of the Netherlands
- KUB Datalabs. The website of all the different data labs at Copenhagen Univesity Library.
- DIGHUMLAB. DIGHUMLAB is a community supporting digital research activities within the humanities and the social sciences in Denmark.
- NetLab. NetLab is a Danish research infrastructure community for the study of internet materials.
- British Library Labs. British Library labs website, that supports and inspires the public use of the British Library’s digital collections and data in exciting and innovative ways.
Go to Juxta - Postcards
This collection visualizes the Royal Danish Library's collection: Postkortsamlingen (The Postcard Collection)
Go to Juxta - Maps
This collection visualizes the Royal Danish Library's collection: Kort og Atlas (The Maps and Atlas Collection)
Go to smurf
Go to TAGS
Go to ZOOM
The vector representation of the words reflects interesting semantic properties of the words. Words that appear in the same context will be close in the vector-space (similar words). But distance between words can also be used to find analogies. The word2vec demo features several corpora and a very large one based on over 65.000 Gutenberg E-books.
Go to Word2Vec